Collection and Use of Information
Agile Pilates collects two kinds of information:
- Personal Information, and
- Non-personal Information.
We may use both personal information and non-personal information, individually or together, for record-keeping purposes, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, improve our products and services, better understand customer interests and preferences, and/or provide you with relevant information. We may enhance or merge personal information that you provide with data obtained from third parties.
- Personal Information
The personal information collected is used to identify a visitor or user, including but not limited to name, address or other contact information. The information may be used for the following purposes:
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable.
- to provide you with products, services, or information you request;
- to deliver marketing communications or promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- to improve the services we provide to you and the usefulness of the website;
- to prevent and detect fraud, infringement, and other potential misuse of our site.
- Blogs and other interactive features
We may offer blogs, surveys or other interactive features such as competitions and loyalty programmes at our website that allow you to share information about our services or other issues of interest. You should be aware that any communications you submit or post to any such interactive features may be viewable by other participants or users. Therefore, you acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality in the content you submit for such interactive features, whether or not it contains personal information about you.
- Note regarding use of this site by children
We request that children do not provide personal information at this site. To register with us and to make use of our online booking system, you must be over eighteen years of age.
- Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When supplying personal information you will be given the option to opt-out to indicate that you do not wish your information to be used for direct marketing purposes. If you have previously omitted to check the opt-out box, you may email us with a request to rectify this.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission. However, personal information of any individual user may be shared with entities outside Agile Pilates: (i) as permitted by law, (ii) in the event of a transfer of ownership, assets or bankruptcy of Agile Pilates, (iii) where we determine that disclosure of specific information is necessary to comply with the request of a law enforcement or regulatory agency or other legal process, or (iv) to protect the interests or safety of Agile Pilates or other visitors to this site.
- Passive collection of Non-personal Information
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the site, and understanding how visitors use the site. Cookies can also help customise the site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personal information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties, such as Ad Networks - see below 2.3.
- Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011
The EU Privacy Directive (No. 2002/58/EC) was amended in 2009 to require consent for cookies and other tracking technologies. The amendment was passed into UK law with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations in 2011. As a method of obtaining implied consent, Agile Pilates informs visitors on its home page that cookies are used giving you the opportunity to access further information or proceed directly to the site:
- Ad Networks (Advertising networks)
We may have relationships with third party service providers known as Ad Networks to serve ads on our behalf across the internet. Using cookies, advertising networks collect anonymous information about your visits to our site and other sites in order to deliver advertisements that may be of particular interest to you. This process does not involve the collection of any personal information. We do not share any personal information about you with these advertising networks.
- Marketing communications from Agile Pilates
This site may provide you with the opportunity to opt-in to receive marketing communications from Agile Pilates. We will not send you promotional offers, if you do not choose to opt-in. You may also opt-out of marketing communications at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in the body of the communication. However, regardless of your opt-in preferences, we may still at times need to send you e-mails for administrative reasons.
- Links to other websites
This site may contain links to other sites. Agile Pilates is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other sites. We provide such links only as a convenience and the inclusion of a link on the site does not imply endorsement of the linked site by Agile Pilates.
The password you provide when registering with the website is encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorised access to your personal information.
We invest in high-quality security and we will do our utmost to protect your privacy. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to provide a high level of confidence when you first register with us and subsequently login using a password. A padlock icon will appear in your browser while you are logged in indicating that encryption is active. Our site also features a TrustLogo site seal.
However, no data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect the security of your personal information.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction